Tacos, Margaritas and More

So you know what my blog is full of? Really good Cinco de Mayo recipes. I knew some day it would be good for something.

First you need a good cantina type of drink. You can't go wrong with any of these. Click the link and scroll down - why on my blog the drink would come after the food is beyond even me but they are there, I promise!



Classic Frozen Margarita

Salty Chihuahua (No actual chihuahuas were harmed in the making of this drink)

Pineapple Sangria 




Want to know my top secret super easy shortcut salsa? I buy a container of pico de gallo in the produce section at the grocery store. It is just a little container of chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno usually. You can make it at home but this is my super easy shortcut salsa so don't judge, okay? Anyway take that and dump in a can of undrained Ro-Tel. Season with some garlic salt and some pepper. Done.

Now inevitably people ask me what Ro-Tel is - it's a can of diced tomatoes and green chiles. Be careful - you can buy it in many varieties and the hot and super hot? Really are hot and super hot. If you don't have Ro-Tel in your area, you can substitute canned tomatoes with green chiles - just make sure they are chopped fairly small.

You want some guacamole? Well mash up a couple of Haas avocados and throw in about 1/2 cup of your super easy shortcut salsa and add salt and pepper and maybe a squirt of fresh lime juice. You know from the lime, not that plastic green imposter you find in the store and should be outlawed.

You want to know what goes great with salsa and guacamole besides tacos? These little Southwestern Egg Rolls.

Okay now for tacos, I have plenty....

Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos
Crispy Shrimp Tacos
Shredded Beef & Potato Tacos
Maybe you want something you can make ahead so you can really enjoy your margaritas I mean fiesta guests.

Roasted Pork & Potato Chile Verde
Taco Casserole
Taco Soup - I think you should know this is the number one most requested dish in my house, fiesta or not!

Now off to work on some kind of super fabulous Cinco de Mayo dessert....

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I know cinco de mayo is over and all but I really need to try all of these, starting with that pineapple sangria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of thinking of turning Cinco de Mayo into a season at my house....

      Delete