Roasted Pork & Potato Chile Verde

So I've seen a commercial recently that is really bothering me. It's for a bar you stick onto the inside of your dryer rather than a dryer sheet. The woman actually says in the commercial that having one less thing to do really makes her happy. There are lots of things I have to do in a day and think, "Man, I hate this," or "I wish there was an easier way to do this." But you know what? I have NEVER thought that about putting the dryer sheet into the dryer. What I can't figure out is if she is even more overwhelmed than I am with what needs to be done every day (she looked very put together so this is hard to imagine) or if she is just so uber good at it all that this whole putting the dryer sheet into the dryer is something that in her day of chores makes her say, "Whew, thank God I got that done. Another dryer sheet, in the dryer and keeping my family fresh and static clean free." Facebook status update: Dryer sheet in dryer! Woo-hoo for me! Another day we'll talk about Facebook and my confusion about all of THAT. But I'm veering way off topic.

What, you may be asking yourself, does all this dryer sheet/dryer bar business have to do with cooking? Well, it made me think about things that really do make my life easier. One of them is my slow cooker. And super easy, no browning, no chopping, no 18 layered ingredient recipes. Here is one your family may enjoy.

Roasted Pork & Potato Chile Verde
Recipe by Michelle's Dinner Bell
Check out this easy and delicious pork recipe. It makes a great taco or burrito filling or just dish it up as it is and serve it with a tossed salad and tortillas.

8-10 small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
2 lb sirloin pork roast, trimmed of all visible fat
1 medium onion, chopped
7 oz can green salsa made with tomatillos
Garlic salt to taste

Spray inside of cooker with nonstick spray and put potatoes in cooker, cut side down. Season pork with salt and pepper and place on top of potatoes. Close lid and cook until pork is tender - 4-5 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low.

Remove pork and potatoes from cooker and discard all but 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Slice potatoes and shred pork with two forks. Place pork, potatoes and cooking liquid back in cooker. Add onion and green salsa. Turn cooker to high and cook 30 minutes. Season to taste with garlic salt and pepper. Stir and enjoy!

1 comment: