Spinach Bacon Dip

This is my second favorite Spinach Dip. Why don't I share my favorite one you ask?  That's because my first favorite is a secret that I'm holding onto in case I ever stop procrastinating and actually enter the Real Women of Philly contest. Then Mrs. Paula will taste it and will realize that she simply must meet me and cook with me and this secret dip (in my head not this one) will change my life forever. And when it does, I'll be sure to share it with you. In the meantime, enjoy this one.

Spinach & Bacon Dip
Recipe by Michelle's Dinner Bell

1 pkg ranch dressing mix
16 ozs sour cream (reduced fat is fine, fat free is scary)
1/2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
8 oz sharp cheddar cut into small (pea sized) cubes
5 oz fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 lb sourdough round (optional - you can serve this in a bowl if you prefer)  

In a bowl, mix all ingredients except for bread.  Cover and refrigerate.

Using a bread knife, cut the top off of the bread and then remove the center of the bread and cut into cubes.  Fill the bread with the chilled dip and serve with bread cubes and veggies.

Hey look!  Brief and to the point with a minimal amount of rambling.  I didn't think I could do it!

2 comments:

  1. wow, I'd be anxious to see one that tops this one. half a pound of bacon...count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Julie! Try it and you'll see - it's so good. Just make sure you have lots of people to share it with because it is super addicting. :)

    ReplyDelete