Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Photo courtesy of Campbell's
It may come as no surprise that I love to read recipes. When I was growing up before I could even cook, I loved looking at my mom's huge recipe collection. The internet has made this addiction so so easy to feed, I tell you. 

I love to go on the big recipe sites and browse recipes but I find myself wanting to fight with people. And really I'm not a mean person, but when a recipe has been rated as a 4-5 star recipe by eight gazillion people and then you (general you here) go on and write that it didn't work for you and was horrid, I'm pretty sure it was YOU and not the recipe. 

Another thing I love is when people change 8 of the 10 ingredients posted and add 3 more and then rate the recipe. Um, newsflash, it's no longer the same recipe. So sometimes, I find myself wanting to hunt these people down and find out WHY they do what they do. And then I realize that in another way, I am that person. Many things that many people love? I shun. 

There is a recipe that pops up everywhere that people rave about and I ignore. I typically avoid the recipes that call for cream of anything soups or I substitute ingredients to make a more natural substitute. Well this particular pot roast recipe seemed to be stalking me and so I thought what the heck and made it - cream of mushroom soup and all. Guess what? My family loved it! Okay, my husband loved it and my kids ate it, kind of- which is a win here!

Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Recipe adapted from Campbell's

3 lb boneless roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup water
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  1. Place roast in slow cooker.
  2. Combine soup, water and soup mix and pour over roast.
  3. Cook on low 8-9 hours.
Note: Add carrots and potatoes if you'd like - I prefer to roast mine separately in the oven but realize to many people this kind of defeats the purpose of the slow cooker!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment