I prepared these as little sandwiches. You know why? Because dip and the little Bells seemed scary. I'm not sure why I envisioned them dipping these sweet red cinnamon hearts into the dip and then licking it off and re-dipping. They looked at these treats as if they were poison and asked for just sprinkles on a spoon. Sigh.
They were very cute plated this way, but now that I know there is no danger of double dip debacles at my house, you can also serve them as chips and dip if you prefer. The possibilities for this recipe are endless.... Green shamrocks at St. Patrick's perhaps?
Recipe by Michelle's Dinner Bell
For the cookies:
3-4 flour tortillas,
1 bottle red decorator sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- On shallow plate, pour out red sugar and mix well with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Spread each tortilla with butter and poke all over with fork. Using cookie cutter, cut shapes out and place butter side down in sugar mix.
- Place on cookie sheet (I used Silpat for ease in clean-up) and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool
8 oz cream cheese
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 pint strawberries, washed and chopped
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- With mixer, blend together the cream cheese and marshmallow creme until light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Carefully stir in strawberries and chocolate chips.