Jalapeno Popper Cheeseburgers

I just realized that my husband sabbatical is nearing an end and in all my boo-hooing, I've forgotten to take advantage of the beautiful sandwich and taco making possibilities that just might take my mind off my troubles.

I know many people love love love the King's Hawaiian Roll. I am scared to admit (in case you decide not to like me) that I didn't really get it at first. That is until I started making sandwiches on those little beauties. Specifically sandwiches with spice. Um, yum! That is all I can say about that.

So a Hawaiian roll combined with a jalapeno popper seems like pretty much the perfect sandwich, right? Sweet roll, creamy cheese and spicy jalapeno....  Now I have to tell you, the jalapeno popper seems to go overlooked by Mr. Bell. I don't quite understand it. He loves the spinach and artichoke dip, why can't he see this is like eight gazillion times better? But the jalapeno popper never makes his cut when we're "deciding" over appetizers. He's a wing man first and an artichoke and spinach dip man second. It makes me sad. Very very sad. But this makes me happy. Very very happy.


Jalapeno Popper Cheeseburgers
Recipe by Michelle's Dinner Bell


1 lb ground sirloin
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
3 green onions, divided and chopped
3 jalapenos, 1 chopped and 2 sliced into rings - seeds and veins removed
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
pinch of garlic salt
sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
King's Hawaiian Rolls (12)

  1. In large bowl, combine sirloin, 1/2 ranch dressing package and half of the green onions. 
  2. Form meat into a brick and cut into 12 equal sized squares and then flatten into patties. Bake patties 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
  3. While patties are baking, remaining ranch dressing mix, remaining green onions, chopped jalapenos and cilantro with cream cheese. Blend and set aside.
  4. In small skillet, heat 1 tsp olive oil and cook jalapeno rings until lightly browned but still crisp tender. Season with garlic salt. Set asied.
  5. When patties are done, slice rolls in half and top bottom half with cheddar cheese, burger and a small scoop of cream cheese mixture. Place sandwiches in 9-13 pan and cover with foil. Bake at 400 fifteen minutes.
Enjoy!

I am excited to tell you that I'm going to be missing for a while. My oldest son is graduating from basic training in San Antonio this week and my second son is heading home from Japan for the first time in OVER A YEAR! Additionally, the final move is actually happening in three weeks so, well, you know, I might be a bit busy, but I'll be back soon with lots of new things, I promise!

Thanks to each of you who shares a part of your day with me. It really means a lot to me.

Michelle

1 comment: