Italian Beef Sandwiches

I think my all time favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally. I absolutely love that movie. You know the restaurant scene - not THAT one - the one where she's ordering? That is how I order and seriously I know it can seem really irritating - especially to someone (Mr. Bell) who orders exactly like Harry does in the movie.

In case you are totally lost and have no idea what I'm talking about, here's a clip:


Here's the thing about Sally. I think the movie is trying to portray her as kind of straight-laced and uptight.  But she's not. I mean, really, see the other restaurant clip and you'll know she's not uptight! She just knows what she likes and how. And really I'd say her way probably IS better.  Now maybe I think this because her way is similar to my way. Whatever. I like my way but more than that, my way really is good. If everyone would try it, they'd see that. 

By the way, that's the last of the video clips for a few days, I promise. 

Do you find yourself thinking if people just saw things your way, the world would be a better place? Yeah, so do I. Things that other people just accept drive me insane and keep me up at night. Things like posting that you are in excruciating pain with a migraine on Facebook, for example. No. You really aren't. People in excruciating pain of any kind would not be on Facebook and don't get me started on sitting in front of a computer or typing on a phone with a migraine. 

Actually I have a whole rant on Facebook and my love/hate relationship with it but I'm afraid to go into all that here as I do realize you came here for an Italian Beef recipe. So I'll just save that for another time. 

Where I was really going with this is the whole throw everything in the pot and cook the heck out of it. There is a better way.  While some vegetables take hours in the slow cooker, most do not. Add your onions and peppers in the last 20 minutes or so of cooking and they'll still have some flavor (and texture).

Italian Beef Sandwiches

2 lbs chuck roast
1/2 tsp garlic salt
fresh pepper to taste
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 cup roasted red peppers
1 cup sliced onions
1 cup pepper jack cheese
Toasted rolls

  1. Season roast with garlic salt and pepper. Top with Italian dressing.  Cook on low 7-8 hours.
  2. Shred meat with forks and add peppers and onions.
  3. Top with cheese and replace cover.
  4. Turn cooker to high and cook 20-30 minutes more.
  5. Serve meat mixture on toasted rolls.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You always make me laugh. I am making this even though I don't usually like beef. Thanks!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Crystal! And you gave me an idea.... I bet this would be great with chicken, too. I'll have to try that!

      Delete