Honey Mustard Salmon

Photo from howtocooksalmon.com
It is officially the second week of January and I am officially behind. Have I started my diet? Well, yes - for about an hour or two at a time. Did I give up diet Coke? Well, I have done well during the hours of 10 pm until around 9 am, so you know, baby steps. How about Christmas shopping for 2012? No. Of course not. I am starting to think that I should do resolutions George Costanza style - you know, the opposite of what I think I should do.

One resolution that I have kept so far on Week 2 is eating more fish. Okay, that's not true. The resolution is actually serving more fish. I do not resolve to eat more of it myself although I know I should.  This is a really quick and easy recipe and the same preparation would work for chicken just in case you have some non-fish eaters in your house.

Honey Mustard Salmon

4 salmon filets
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tbs creole style mustard
1 tbs honey
1 cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted*
2 tbs butter

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place filets on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together honey and mustard. Spread evenly on tops of fish filets.
  3. Melt butter and mix with breadcrumbs, blend well and place about 1/4 cup on each filet.
  4. Bake 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

*You can substitute purchased panko crumbs for this or even cracker crumbs, but I like to use fresh crumbs from a good quality bakery bread or roll. Just grate the bread on your cheese grater and toast it. Easy!

Enjoy!

So how about you? Are your resolutions going any better than mine are?  Anyone have any suggestions for a couple easy ones that I can actually keep?

3 comments:

  1. That fish looks good...and I hate fish! Leave it to you! You don't need to diet. You look GREAT!!
    This year I have a resolution to diet and I'm actually keeping it!! My other thing I decided to do, was pick one small thing to do each month. This month: organize my bedroom. Small goals work best for moms of little kids...our at leat that's what I'm telling myself. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salmon really looks delicious. Iam new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this one, Michelle. We love salmon! Danny & Lynn

    ReplyDelete