Strawberry Fields Forever Salad

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are all enjoying the first full weekend of summer.  My email was full of requests for the salad pictured with the French Dip sandwich earlier this week, so I've included it here.  Also this week, I have had lots of questions about picky eaters.  I'm working on a post with some ideas to try and some things that have worked for me and some that have not.  If you have any picky eater questions, email me here, and that will be the topic in the coming week.

The Strawberry Fields Forever Salad is currently, in my mind, the best salad, ever.  I love it and think I may make it every single day until strawberries are out of season.  And since I can put this salad on the kids' plates without them running from the room screaming, well that's a plus.


Strawberry Fields Forever with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
Recipe by Michelle's Dinner Bell

Dressing
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbs shallot, chopped
1 tsp lemon zest

Salad
10 oz salad greens
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1 pt strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/2 cup toasted almonds

For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake to mix.  I like to make this a few hours ahead of time to allow the flavors to blend but it's not absolutely positively essential - just preferred.

In large bowl, combine salad ingredients except for almonds.  Toss lightly with dressing and sprinkle with almonds.

This salad is delicious with grilled chicken - the perfect summer lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I think 5 of the 6 of us would eat this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five of six? Promote it to the Holy Grail of Foods then!

    ReplyDelete